Avery Recommends Wish by O'Connor

Wish by Barbara O’Connor
Reviewed by Avery
     

I read the book Wish by Barbara O’Connor and the genre of this book is
Domestic Fiction. 
The reason why I chose this book for my book talk is because I saw a dog
on the cover. And as you probably know, I LOVE  dogs. So when I saw
a dog on the cover of the book, I thought it would be a very interesting
book to read.
 In the book Wish by Barbara O’Connor, Charlie Reese is not a very lucky
girl. Her father just went to jail and her mother won’t get out of bed. So,
Charlie gets sent to a ghost town called Colby in North Carolina with her
aunt and uncle Gus and Bertha who she has never even met!! But one thing
that Charlie does keep track of in her crazy life if making a wish every day.
Once Charlie gets to school, the only person who wants to be her friend is a
hillbilly kid named Howard. At first, Charlie doesn't want to be Howard’s
friend but eventually, she comes around. But, what really connects Howard
and Charlie is one day, when they are on the bus home, they spot a stray dog.
Charlie, wants. That. dog. So Charlie and Howard start making traps for the
stray dog. And one day, THEY CATCH IT!!! Charlie decides to name the dog
Wishbone. Charlie is happy the whole summer. She has a real friend, a real
dog and a starting to be a real family. Until one day Charlie’s mom calls and
says she wants her back home. What will Charlie do? Will she go back to
Raleigh, or stay in Colby? 
One thing I enjoyed about this book is that there is a lot of suspense in it
so you really want to keep reading it. One thing I disliked about this book
is that it took so long for Charlie and Howard to catch Wishbone! 

People I would recommend this book to is animal lovers, and sad book lovers
I would rate this book an 8. I would rate it this because I LOVED the book,
just it was very sad.