Joel Recommends A Long Walk To Water by Linda Sue Park

A Long Walk To Water
By: Linda Sue Park  
Book talk by: Joel
 Historical fiction 

I chose this book because it is something probably no one would want to read or be
interested in but this story is beyond amazing. In  book Salva, a boy who lives in sudan
is torn by war yet somehow he keeps trudging along even though he keeps finding
problems around every turn. Nya who has to walk 8 hours a day to get water even though
its all muddy.    


Sudan 2008 

Going. Going was easy, the big plastic container held only air. Tall for her eleven years
Nya could switch the handle from one side to the other or cradle it in both arms. She
could even drag it behind her, bumping it against the ground and raising a tiny cloud of
dust with each step 

Sudan 1985  
Salva sat cross legged on the bench. He kept his head turned toward the front, hands
folded, back perfectly straight everything about him said he was paying attention, except
his mind. 

Something I enjoy about this book is how there are to characters and in the end there very
different stories tie together. I would recommend this story to anyone who likes  adventure,
a hint of mystery, and a heartwarming end. I rate this book a 10/10 stars because it is one
of the best books I have ever read in my life, I hope you will enjoy this story too.